I have been asked lately whether the holidays are a good time to sell. While transactions do slow down , there are always great opportunities. Here are 5 reasons why you should consider selling your home during the Holidays.
- People who book viewings during the Holidays are more serious. Buyers viewing at this time of the year usually have a tight deadline.
- Less stock on the market means less options for buyers which means more money for you.
- On the flipside there is more stock on the market in the new year and therefore more competition which means less money for you!
- Often homes look and feel their best during the holidays already as long as you don't over do it with the decorations, sellers should be careful not to overdo it and distract potential buyers.
- Some buyers purposely wait until their families are together for Holiday vacations to start looking for a home.
The Holidays are stressful enough without having to think about selling your home, so if you’re not truly motivated to sell, it’s probably best to wait a few months. But if you absolutely have to sell, don’t be discouraged as this is the time to show your home to serious buyers.