New Lettings regulations: What documents do you need to give to new tenants?

What legal documents as a landlord should you be providing your tenant's when signing an Assure Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.

Hi, my name is Danny Valencia with My City Nest powered by Keller Williams. And today I want to give you a quick legal update when it comes to the lettings industry. So many of you already know there's been a huge increase when it comes to regulations in lettings and the most recent one has been or will be that kicks in in 2020 will be the Electrical Certificate. So let's start there.

Number one in providing your tenants with would be providing them with a Valid Electrical Certificate. Number two will be a Valid Gas Safety Certificate. Number three will be an Energy Performance Certificate, also known as an EPC and should be no minimum than an E performance and no less than an E performance. And by the way, this EPC you should be providing with wherever your property is actually being advertised with. So make sure you do that. Otherwise you will be fined.

Number four is Deposit Scheme Certificate together with the Prescribed Information. Do "make sure" you provide your tenant with that. Number five is the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement itself. When it's signed "make sure" that you have evidence that your tenant has actually walked away with a signed copy. And last, and certainly not least, is a How To Rent Guide. In fact, you should be providing your tenant with this at the very beginning of the process so they can actually make an informed decision on whether this is something they want to commit to or not.

I hope you find this information helpful. There's regulations coming in pretty much, or new regulations coming in at the moment pretty much every year. So we'll do our best to keep you up to date with these types of videos. But if you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to reach out to me. My name is Danny Valencia with My City Nest powered by Keller Williams.